Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lieutenant Nate Griffin

Friday was a big day!  Nate graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Business Entrepreneurship with a minor in Military Science and commissioned as an officer in the Army of these great United States!
We started out the day in the hospital.  Everyone was pretty great about helping us get on our way quickly, but Nate was anxious!  Nothing was fast enough!
 He was running to the car, leaving me in the dust!  Come on!  I had just pushed a kid out of me, I was going as fast as I could!  We got home quickly and he ran through the shower and then headed on his way.  My mom stayed back to help Baylie and me get ready.  We got there just a few minutes late, but I was just glad we made it!  We had been worried for months that the timing wouldn't work so good and I wouldn't be able to go. But I did!

It was a great ceremony.  Brian Tarbet, who just retired from being the adjutant general for the Utah National Guard was there to commission Nate and he was also the speaker.  It was so great to have him there!  Not only is he a great mentor for Nate as far as the military goes, he was our bishop growing up and he is the most amazing man.  We are so grateful to know him and it was really special to have him there.
Nate taking the Oath of Office
MAJ Badell and SFC Cook

Nate has had some great experiences in the ROTC. I also have learned a lot and am so grateful that we get to be part of a "military family". We won't ever have to move to a different land because he will stay in the Utah National Guard, but it will definitely provide some neat experiences for us. I already feel so grateful for the increase patriotism that I feel.  We live in the greatest country in the whole world and it is our responsibility to support and defend that!
God bless the USA!

Nate has worked so hard to finish school and complete everything he needed to for this great day.  Congrats Love!  You are amazing!  Now to just find a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment