Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Best Place on Earth

A couple of weeks ago we got to go to Lake Powell with my family!  This is the vacation we look forward to most every year.  I don't understand why some people have never been!  I have been pretty much every year of my entire life and I am so glad that I married someone who understands the greatness and loves it just as much as us!  Lake Powell is beautiful and so much fun!

Although it was a really fun trip, it was also a little bit of a National Lampoon's type thing!  It started out just great, we all rode down together and Momma Hyde had put together a really fun game of everyone's top 5ish favorite songs which we had to listen to and guess who's song it was.  It made the long drive so much faster and we loved it!  Things took a turn for the not-so-great when we started setting up camp and Nate asked me where my bag was... That's never a good thing to hear!  I could have sworn I saw him walk out with it, but apparently, he did not.  And thus, the bag was left in Kaysville. Fab-u-lous.  Luckily, my aunt and uncle +kids were coming down a couple days later so they could bring it to me.  Until then, I got to wear all sorts of great things!  I have always made fun of Nate for wearing "Junior High Shirts" (nasty t-shirts with the sleeves cut off).  What did I get to wear?  Nasty Junior High Shirts.  And men's spandex short shorts (I'll let you just imagine how great that was!).  I was lookin good to say the least!!  I also didn't have any hair elastics to pull back the mess, so I enjoyed a lovely hat, also courtesy of my wonderful hubby!

Now ain't that just the cutest couple you ever did see??
We had a really fun few days, despite the bag being lost!  Dressing like a 14-year old boy was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I decided to just grab life by the horns and enjoy it!  (Well... maybe not enjoy it, but at least tolerate it pleasantly!)  

Such an artist
Since Nate had surgery in May and I take hard falls, we decided this was the summer of no water sports for the Griffin's.  We let Nate stretch it a little and surfed since there isn't much risk of getting your shoulder yanked.  He had a blast and loved Brady for his "ballast" :)

He also likes to show off his nice legs while surfing

It was so much fun to have the Nixon's come with us for a few days!  Their kids had never been and Brady and Steph hadn't been for much too long.  Unfortunately they have had a couple bad experiences, and I'm not sure this one turned out much better!  They brought down both sets of keys to their van, just in case they locked the key inside... then accidentally locked BOTH keys inside.  OOPS!!  
Who needs a Slim Jim when you have marshmallow roasters?
Without too much trouble they were able to break into the van and I don't think I have ever seen Brady so happy! I believe his exact words were, "Oh Nate I'm so happy I could kiss you."  Uh... let's just stick with thanks!

Even though there were a few bumps in the road it was still a great trip to Powell!  But when you love it as much as we do, is there such thing as a bad trip to Powell?  I think not!



No comments:

Post a Comment